Sometimes, you may get the “HP Envy Printer Driver Unavailable” error when trying to print documents from your Windows 10 computer. HP printer users frequently report this issue — but it can appear when working with any printer. So, the question is: “How do I fix the error on the HP Envy Printer Driver Unavailable? “In this post, find out.
What does that mean when a driver on a printer is unavailable? This typically means that the driver of your printer may be missing or corrupt — and the problem can be easily fixed.
How do I fix My Windows 10 HP Envy Printer Driver Unavailable?
If you get the “HP Envy Printer Driver Unavailable” error, you probably lack updates or need to reinstall your driver.
Option one: The Windows 10 update
One reason you might get the “HP Envy Printer Driver Unavailable” error might be because your system is out of date. So it’s recommended that you install the Windows updates available to fix the problem. Here is how to:
- Type “update” to Start.
- Check for updates.
- If updates are available, these will be installed automatically by Windows.
- Restart your PC after Windows has completed its update.
- Try printing something out of your PC now and check if the problem has been fixed.
Option two: Reinstall driver for your printer
If you ever get “HP Envy Printer Driver Unavailable” error, the most likely cause behind the issue is a missing or corrupted engine. Uninstalling your current driver, and instead installing a new printer driver, should help you get rid of the error. Click here to proceed:
- To open RUN press Win + R.
- Select “devmgmt.msc” and tap OK.
- Right-click your printer, and select Device Uninstall.
- Click To confirm Uninstall.
- Now, you can continue to search yourself for the right driver and install it manually.
The process is much easier when your printer is plug-and-play. You’ll need, in this case:
- Unplug your printer or disconnect it from your PC.
- Connect it again, and follow the wizard ‘s instructions.
- If the wizard doesn’t wake up:
- Go to Run > Settings.
- Click the Device button.
- Select Add a Scanner or Printer.
Wait for your printer to be detected by the system, and follow instructions on the screen.