HP Envy 4500 Offline Issue
The default print driver might have changed from the driver you installed to another driver, such as a Web Services for Devices (WSD) driver with a very similar name. Change the default print driver to your originally installed driver and confirm the printer is not set for offline use.
- Turn the Envy 4500 printer off and on, and then make sure it is in a ready state
- Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results
- Find the icon for the printer you originally installed
- If a color or grey icon displays with a green checkmark, continue to the next step
- If a color or a grey icon displays without a green check mark, right-click the icon, select Set as Default Printer, and then continue to the next step.
- If one color and one grey icon displays for your printer, right-click the color icon, select Set as Default Printer, and then continue to the next step.
Right-click the icon for the default printer, and then select See what’s printing.
The print queue window opens.
- Click Printer. If a checkmark displays next to Pause Printingand Use Printer Offline, click each item to remove the checkmark.
- Try to print.
- The printer is online again. Continue to the next step if the printer goes offline again when printing later.
- If the printer cannot print and remains offline or goes offline intermittently, continue to the next step.
hpenvy.us has no affiliation with any of these third-party companies unless such relationship is expressly specified. All the information in this site is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We do not make any warranty about the reliability and accuracy of this information. We provide help and support to those who need advice in taking their own websites to the next level. Anyone using the links does so at their own risk.