Connect HP Tango printer to a wireless network with a router
With Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) link your printer to a wireless network
Before connecting your printer to a Wireless Network using WPS, make sure you have the following information:
- a 802.11b / g / n wireless network with a WPS-enabled Wireless Router or Access Point.
NOTE: The HP Tango printer only supports the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connections.
- Wireless network linked device to which you plan to link the printer. Rest assured you areHave HP printer software installed on your computer.If you have a push button on a WPS router, follow the Push Button method. If you’re not sure yoursRouter has a push button and follows PIN.
Use of the Configuration (PBC) push button method
Click and hold on the back of the printer to start WPS Push Button for at least three seconds Method.
The Edge lighting shows two tiny blue bars and the outer edges of the large light bar pulsingRed, and repeat.
Click the WPS button on the router.
NOTE: The product starts a timer for around two minutes when establishing a wireless link.When the HP Tango printer setup successfully binds, the Edge lighting’s large light bar glows light blue in the middle.
To use the PIN method
Use of PIN method
- Press and hold until all the control panel buttons light up, then press and holdBegin the WPS PIN method for at least three seconds, and print a page with a PIN code.
- The Edge lighting shows two tiny blue bars and the outer edges of the large light bar pulsingRed, and repeat.
- Open the wireless router or wireless access point to the configuration service or app, then enterThe PIN to WPS.
NOTE: See the documentation provided for further information on using the configuration utilityWith router or wireless point of access.
Wait anything like two minutes. The large light bar of the Edge lighting glows when the printer connects successfullyMiddle light brown.
Use HP Tango Printer Software to connect your printer to a wireless network
To link the tango printer to an optimized WLAN 802.11 network, you’ll need the following information:
- An 802.11b / g / n wireless network incorporating a wireless router or access point.
NOTE: The printer only supports the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connections.
- Wireless network linked device to which you plan to link the tango printer.
- Named Network (SSID).
- WEP key or WPA passphrase (if appropriate)
To connect your printer with HP tango Printer (Windows) program
1. If you have the HP printer program installed or not, do one of the following:
Unless you have the HP tango printer software installed on your computer
- Visit www.support.hp.com to download the printer software, and install it.
- Follow instructions on-screen.
If your machine has HP tango printer software installed
- Open the app to print. See Open the HP Printer software (Windows) for more detail.
- Click Tools in the Printer software.
- Click Setup & Software on Device.
- Press Add a new device, then follow the instructions on-screen.
- After the printer successfully connects, the Edge lighting’s large light bar glows light blue in the centre.
Connect tango printer wirelessly without a router
You can print wirelessly from a computer, smartphone , tablet or other wireless system with Wi-Fi DirectDevice — without existing wireless network connection.
Guidelines for using Direct Wi-Fi
Make sure the necessary software is in your computer or mobile device.
– When using a computer, make sure you have the HP printer software installed.
If you do not have the HP printer program installed on your computer, first connect to Wi-Fi Direct andthen install the Program for the Tango printer. When prompted for tango printer software selects Wireless type to connect.
When using a mobile computer, be sure to have a compatible printing app installed. For more info check the HP Mobile Printing website at www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting for information. If A Local there is no version of this website available in your country / region or language, you may be directed to HP Mobile Printing website in a country / region or language specific.
- Make sure your HP Tango printer has Wi-Fi Direct turned on.
- The same Wi-Fi Direct connection can be used for up to five computers and mobile devices.
- Wi-Fi Direct can be used independently of whether the printer is connected to a wireless network
- Linking or not.
- Wi-Fi Direct cannot be used to connect an Internet computer, a mobile device or a printer.
To turn Wi-Fi Direct on or off from the control panel
- On the control panel of the printer, press and hold all the buttons until they light up, then press,And, simultaneously.
- When Wi-Fi Direct is switched on, the Edge’s large light bar pulses in blue, ending with a small oneLight bar of blue glow.
- When Wi-Fi Direct is switched off, the Edge’s large light bar pulses blue, and ends with a smallLight bar with an amber glow.
To turn Wi-Fi Direct on or off from an Android or iOS device
- HP Smart free. For more detail, see Print, copy, search, and troubleshoot using the HP Smart app.
- Tap Settings to the HP Tango Printer. Find and tap Advanced Configuration.
- Tap the Direct Status of Wi-Fi and edit the settings.
Wi-Fi Direct connection security setting
- if the tango printer’s Wi-Fi Direct link protection is Automatic, then the Wi-Fi Direct password is set to12345678 Unable to be altered.
- if the Tango printer’s Wi-Fi Direct link protection (the default setting) is set to Manual, you need toLink to your mobile device or computer with one of the following.
– If it’s blinking white (the Information button), click it within 30 seconds.
– When a page with a PIN code is printed, follow the instructions on the document.